- What services does your business provide?
C’est Bon is the only French restaurant in the region. We aim to bring a touch of French culture to locals.
We are open Tuesday to Friday for lunch and Tuesday to Saturday for dinner.
- How long has your business been running and how long have you worked there?
C’est Bon served its first meal in April 2003. I joined the company as Head Chef three years later and took over with my wife Debbie in July 2011.
- How long have you lived in Cairns?
I landed in Cairns in 2006 and became a citizen in 2015.
- Where is your favourite place in Far North Queensland and why?
I don’t have a specific spot, as long as I am with my little family. Being in the Cairns region is enough for me to be happy. I love the lifestyle and the balance, even though I could do a lot more to discover the region. I haven’t been to Green Island yet, I am not really proud of that fact.
- What is your favourite quote?
One is from Gary Vaynerchuk: “Effort is grossly underrated”.
The second one is from Andrew Carnegie: “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell”.
- Who is someone who inspires you and why?
I am not a groupie who worships someone, but my biggest source of advice and inspiration remains my father.
- What do you hope to achieve with your business in 2021/22?
Keep working towards excellence in the long run, developing our catering services and opening a pop-up shop.