- What services does your business provide?
Commercial Building Design, Management & Construction Services.
- How long has your business been running and how long have you worked there?
My business partner of the time Russell Keir established the company in 1989, so 31 years this year. Royce Slade and myself are the joint Managing Directors and have been in the business for more than 10 years.
- How long have you lived in Cairns?
I was born in Cairns, my children are 4th generation Cairns locals. Like most, I spent time away but Cairns is home now.
- Where is your favourite place in Far North Queensland and why?
Atherton Tablelands – so much to do and see and a fantastic contrast to our beautiful coast. (Vlasoff Cay is okay as well!)
- What is your favourite quote?
“Earn it and then you can spend it.”
- Who is someone who inspires you and why?
My mother is a fantastic mentor, a businesswoman in an era when they were rare, and pioneered a market and unique business to support her two sons when my father was terminally ill when we were very young. She continues to provide sage advice and traditional good ethical business advice.
- What do you hope to achieve with your business in 2021/22?
Focus on our repeat clients whilst being careful with our new ones. There’s lots of opportunity but also lots of change for us all. Make sure our project staff have a healthy work/life balance, they work too hard at times.